The cost of some home renovations can seem daunting, but not every home improvement has to break the bank. Here are five simple improvements you can make that will have a major impact, but are still relatively inexpensive.
1. Add some trees: Want to add some curb appeal to your home and feel better when you’re pulling into the driveway after work? You won’t believe the difference a few trees can make. And compared to the cost (mature trees starts at around $1,000), they provide a great return on investment for you property value and can lower energy bills by providing shade.
2. Add molding: Molding instantly adds a classy, sophisticated touch to any room, and if you do it yourself, it can cost less than $2 per foot. If you ever sell your home, buyers consistently say that molding is a big plus.
3. Upgrade your ceiling fans: An efficient ceiling fan costs far less than air conditioning, and if your current ceiling fan is on its last legs, a replacement can totally change the look of a room!
4. Energy efficient appliances: Still using the appliances that came with the home? Upgrading your range, fridge, or dishwasher won’t just give your kitchen a sleeker appearance. Newer, more energy-efficient appliances will also lower your utility bills.
5. Invest in storage: One of the biggest ways to improve your home is to declutter. Throw out what you don’t need, and invest is some good storage solutions for what you keep.
When you own your home, things are going to break and, unless you want
"Barron Real Estate Group – A vibrant team of welcoming, hardworking and caring professionals. We had the pleasure of working with Emma Lefkowitz and Brian Tague to close our home in Scripps Ranch, San Diego. Emma and Brian understood our needs completely and gave their honest opinion, pros and cons on every property that we saw. It was a great advantage to work with a local realtor who knew in and out about the Scripps Ranch area. Emma had great thoughts and valuable information regarding the community, schools, neighborhood, market value of the homes, comparables, loan process, home inspection, repairs etc. Anything you name it, Emma knows it. The team is available anytime and they are patient to answer phone calls and walk you through any process without any hesitation. They were not pushy or in a hurry to get us into a contract. Also the very first offer that we placed through the Barron Team got accepted amongst tough competition. Emma is definitely our go to person now when it comes to our new home. Who you work with definitely matters and were are glad to have found Emma and the Barron Real Estate Group."